Sunday 13 February 2011

From my Library .... Westonbirt, The National Arboretum

Well, it's raining again! After a beautiful sunny day yesterday, today we're back to another grey day.

Is it me or is winter just dragging on ...

and on .... ?



Anyway, as a bit of a pick-me-up on this grey, wet, miserable Sunday I thought I'd a share a few photos from my visit to Westonbirt, The National Arboretum, in Gloucestershire last autumn.

I was so lucky with the weather - it was a truly beautiful day! For once the forecasters had got it right (rare occurrence these days) so there were visitors arriving by the coachload, so by mid-afternoon it was starting to get quite busy. That said it's a big old place so everyone was pretty well spread out so, with a bit of patience (and photoshop magic!), you could get photographs without people intruding.

If you haven't been before and get chance to visit I would say go - access is very easy and well geared up for young and old alike, including those with mobility issues; my only criticism would be the lack of toilets away from the main visitors area - you can get quite a distance away if you're caught short, but it's easy to plan a route to keep you within a short dash of the loos!

For more information here's their website: www.forestry.gov.uk/westonbirt

Enjoy the pictures!