Monday 5 September 2011

From my Library .... Spa Franchorchamps Formula One

No, not what you're thinking!  I didn't get to Spa for the recent Grand Prix (pity!).  But in 2009 I had a weekend watching the historic Grand Prix Masters Series at the famous circuit, and a cracking weekend it was too!


 



Due to a variety of commitments on the days leading up to and after the weekend, my travelling companion and I weren't able to leave until the early hours of Saturday morning, and had to be back in work Monday morning, so it was going to be a blast to Belgium, a one night stopover then a blast back to the UK.  A very squeezed itinerary in a busy schedule.  Nevertheless all went well on the travelling front so we made good time there arriving in time to see the historic F1 practice sessions, and then to see the race on Sunday before heading back.

If you've never been to Spa it is an awesome circuit.  I know it's been said many times by the F1 commentators, but you don't appreciate the how much the track climbs at Eau Rouge - it's hard work walking up there!!

The Masters Historic Racing Series is a fantastic line up of machinery through the ages, some driven by very able drivers.  They really race! 

However my favourites have to be the F1 cars of the late 1970s and 1980s which were 'my era'.
Arrows
Brabham
Williams
McLaren
Copersucar
John Player Special (Lotus) and Lotus
March

Race Start - Streaming up Eau Rouge